Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Prostate milking? Prostate massage? A sensitive subject...

Okay ladies, we all know about about the dreaded "C" word, and I don't mean the name ignorant boys use when jilted by a lover.  I'm talking about cancer.  I'm sure we've all been touched in some way or another by that nightmare and when caught early, it can be overcome. As girls, we are trained from puberty to see a physician every single year and most of us take it pretty seriously our entire lives.

So, what about our men?  Isn't the number one cancer in men prostate cancer?  I thought I read that somewhere.  This weekend, one of our guests, (Sara's mom, my Aunt Peggy) told me she believed that prostate milking would help in preventing cancer.  This is the woman I spent an entire week cleaning for and whatever the reason, I always feel like I've got to impress her and pretend like I know everything in front of her.  I realize it's bad on my part but it's been that way since I was a child. Anyway, I wanted to ask a million questions but instead played it off like "oh yes, of course, everyone knows that".  Sigh.  I'll learn to deal with that little flaw in me another day.

Today, I looked at a lot of YouTube Videos on How To, What To, Why To.  They were all very practical and convincing but NOT ONE OF THEM had a how to mention it to your husband. Hmmm. Is this a sensitive subject or something that all men should consider in the name of better health? I'm sure the answer is D. All of the above.

Eric and I are very open about communicating about "all things Amy", but the elephants in the room seem to be "only things Eric".  Honestly, I'm not sure if that's because of him or me. He says I can ask him anything but I'm reluctant, almost shy about it. At times I'm afraid of the answer, while other times I'm afraid of making him feel uncomfortable.  I think it is me.

Anyway, what do I do about this topic? Welcome him home from work with a clean house, dinner on the table, and the statement, "Hey love, we both believe in preventative medicine, right? Why don't I milk your prostate when you finish that cherry pie just in case you might be a candidate for cancer down there?" Ugh. Better serve wine with that meal.

I read enough to believe this prostate stuff is a pretty serious thing.

Not sure how to approach this one...

Amy

4 comments:

  1. Okay, lol. I think that suggested approach may be an epic fail if I tried it here, but then again we almost always have mixed company and lots of little ears running around.

    I think however you handle this, do so with care. Hoss never minds me suggesting things as long as I do it with love, which sounds like you plan to.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I should bring it up right before he tans my hide for leaving the car running in the parking lot. Sigh. Not having a good afternoon.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might throw him, but I doubt it will help much in the long run.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd maybe suggest something stronger than wine?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)